The Black Womens Leadership Council Foundation, Inc. is a non-profit organization established to provide scholarships to young black females to further their academic training and to achieve a dream of pursuing their passion as well as be able to contribute in a global community.
The Foundation was created by the Black Women’s Leadership Council. This council of dedicated professionals, from Xerox Corporation, created this foundation to help aid in the development and growth of young Black women.
The BWLC Foundation has been hard at work since 2000, raising funds to support young African American females from all over the country who will be attending a college or a university. Since the year the inception of this Foundation, 113 recipients have received a share of the $110,000 raised on behalf of the Scholarship Fund.
In order to qualify for one of our scholarships students must meet the following requirements:
- Black female
- High School senior or undergraduate college student
- Age 23 or younger
- Possess a minimum overall cumulative grade point average of 3.0 out of a possible 4.0
- Provide an official copy of high school or college transcript
- Submit a personal typed essay based on suggested topic; maximum of 500 words
- Submit a completed application no later than June 16th of the academic school year
How You Can Help
There are several ways to support this Scholarship Foundation:
You may make a donation to BWLC Foundation Inc. for any amount you choose to give. You can make your donation either with a Credit Card or send a check or money order payable to BWLC:
c/o BWLC Scholarship Committee
PO Box 20195
Rochester, NY 14602
- Send emails/comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
- You may plan a fundraising campaign in your city or community to support the foundation.
Credit Card Donations
What will I receive for my contribution?
You will receive a tax-deductible receipt for your contribution to this 501C(3) organization and the inner satisfaction that you gain for your generosity in assisting a young lady achieving her dream college degree.” The Foundation’s mission is to ensure every young black female we touch, has the opportunity to live this dream.
Only as high as I reach can I grow, Only as far as I seek can I go, Only as deep as I look can I see, Only as much as I dream can I be.”Karen Raven”
Thank You for your Support!