The Black Women’s Leadership Council Foundation, Inc. is a non-profit organization established to provide scholarships to young black females to further their academic training and to achieve “a dream” of pursuing their passion as well as be able to contribute in a global community.
The Foundation was created by the Black Women’s Leadership Council. This council of dedicated professionals, from Xerox Corporation, created this foundation to help aid in the development and growth of young Black women.
The Foundation has helped young Black women succeed in reaching their academic goals by awarding endowment Scholarships and with your help we can continue this tradition for many years to come.
In order to qualify for one of our scholarships students must meet the following requirements:
- Black female
- High School senior or undergraduate college student
- Age 23 or younger
- Possess a minimum overall cumulative grade point average of 3.0 out of a possible 4.0
- Provide an official copy of high school or college transcript
- Submit a personal typed essay based on suggested topic; maximum of 500 words
- Submit completed application no later than May 31st of the academic school year
How You Can Help
There are several ways to support this Scholarship Foundation:
You may make a donation to “BWLC Foundation Inc.” for any amount you choose to give. You can make your donation either with a Credit Card or send a check or money order payable to BWLC:
100 Clinton Avenue, South
Mail Stop: XRX2-015, 8-4
Rochester, NY 14644
- Send emails/comments to email@example.com
- You may plan a fundraising campaign in your city or community to support the foundation.
What will I receive for my contribution?
You will receive a tax-deductible receipt for your contribution to this 501C organization and the inner satisfaction that you gain for your generosity in assisting a young lady achieving her dream “a college degree.” The Foundation’s mission is to insure every young black female we touch, has the opportunity to live this dream …
Only as high as I reach can I grow, Only as far as I seek can I go, Only as deep as I look can I see, Only as much as I dream can I be.” —Karen Raven
Thank You for your Support!
Credit Card Donations
Send emails/comments to firstname.lastname@example.org